Your source for force
Magnetic Head Pulley Conversion
High strength extraction of metal contamination
MSA Rare Earth Magnetic Pulley Lagging is the most powerful in the world and on average twice the power of our competitors. MSA apply a proprietary RE80 magnet conversion system to convert your existing head pulleys into high strength magnetic head pulleys. This enables the increase of unwanted tramp iron and metal fragment removal from your product lines without manual labour.
Save money by providing your own pulley for conversion. We also provide complete new magnetic head pulley solutions.
Buy direct from MSA today.
Pricing for these products is P.O.A. Please contact us with information of your application to receive a no-cost, no-obligation quote.
Note – MSA Magnetics is not authorised to, and does not, recommend magnet solutions for human consumption food applications. Expert advice must be sought for such applications from recognised and approved providers of solutions for food applications. MSA can assist with names of these providers.
Magnet Sales Australia retains Intellectual property rights on this Magnetic Pulley conversion design and new systems of the same. Any infringement of such will be pursued to the full extent of Intellectual property Law.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Effectively removing nails and metal pieces from woodchips and pallet grinding
- Popular in recycling plants and quarries
- Protection of crushers
- Protection of paper shredders
- Ideal as secondary complimentary magnet down stream of overbelt/suspension
- Assists with conveyor belt tracking
- High Energy Rare Earth Magnets—standard & maximum super high strength options
- Small increase in diameter & weight of pulley.
- A low cost option to the purchase of new, conventional magnetic pulley types.
A BACKGROUND ON PULLEYS
A conveyor system typically utilizes several different pulley types and sizes that work together to move the belt around. These pulleys can include head (drive) pulleys, tail (return) pulleys, take-up pulleys, and bend pulleys.
Head Pulleys are situated at the discharge terminus of the conveyor. They are responsible for the force that propels the belt around the conveyor. Head Pulleys are usually mounted in external bearings and driven by an external source.
In some applications, such as mining or recycling, it is in the company’s best interest to separate tramp iron and ferrous metal pieces from the underside of the product stream. MSA Magnetic Head Pulleys are a robust, automatic, and efficient solution for moderate belt speeds.
ADVANTAGES OF MSA MAGNETIC HEAD PULLEYS
- Improves product purity
- Continuous, automatic separation of magnetic and non-magnetic material.
- Prevents damage to expensive downstream machinery such as shredders, crushers, mills, pulverisers, and grinders.
- Prevents damage to conveyor belts caused by sharp metal pieces – this is especially a risk at discharge points.
- Reduces downtime, maintenance, and repair costs to damaged downstream equipment and conveyor belts
- Reduces amount of product sent to landfill
- Potential savings from avoiding unnecessary landfill
- Low-cost operation – permanent magnet requires no additional power to operate.
- Simple installation.
- High Energy Rare Earth RE80™ Magnets—standard & super high strength deep field options
MSA can supply complete new Magnetic Head Pulleys or can fit Magnetic Lagging Strips to your existing Pulley.
The addition of Magnetic Lagging Strips to your existing Pulley is not only a cost-effective solution (as opposed to purchasing a complete new Pulley System), but also assists with conveyor belt tracking. The lagging will only cause a small increase in the weight and diameter of the existing pulley.
- Small mining operations
- Recycling plants
- Resource recovery
- Plastic operation
- Glass cullet recycling
- Wood & timber waste recycling
- Bulk materials handling & conveying
- Mobile crushers, screens, & shredders
- MRF (Material Recovery Facility) plants
- Municipal solid waste
- Kerbside collection & skip waste recycling
- Tyre & rubber recycling
- Electronics recycling/e-scrap
HOW MAGNETIC HEAD PULLEYS WORK
Magnetic Head Pulleys operate much the same as non-magnetic Head Pulleys, except that the metal pieces are discharged separately to the non-magnetic product stream.
As the product stream reaches the conveyor discharge point, ferrous metal is attracted to the pulleys magnetic field and held to the belt. As the belt moves around the pulley, the non-magnetic material is discharged in a normal trajectory, however, the ferrous metal is still held to the belt. When the belt passes out of the magnetic field, the magnetic material drops off into a separate chute or bin to the rest of the product. A non-magnetic splitter may be installed to separate the two discharges. Ferrous metals commonly extracted from the product stream include nails, nuts, bolts, wire, cans, screws, tools, and so on.
Watch our MSA Magnetic Head Pulley in action. This plant is crushing some rubbish demo material and our magnet is separating 99%. A big success and a happy customer!
The difference between our MSA Rare Earth Magnetic Head Pulley vs. other Ceramic Pulleys.
Find Your Nearest Distributor